SOS provides a safe, sober and structured environment where emergency houseguests can gain independence and stability during a maximum stay of 60 days due to high demand. Individuals seeking assistance from SOS have varying degrees of needs and circumstances. During case management meetings, houseguests are referred to appropriate programs and services (e.g. mental health or drug and alcohol services). Employment seeking assistance is provided.
Rules and expectations of houseguests include:
- Zero tolerance for drug and alcohol use
- Daily chores are required in order to learn life skills
- Houseguests leave the shelter Monday-Friday from 9am to 4pm to look for employment and housing
- Curfew of 10:30pm Sunday through Thursday and 11pm on Friday and Saturday
- Case manager meetings twice weekly for support and guidance
- Weekly house meetings
The shelter provides guests with two meals each weekday and three meals on weekends.